Monday, July 20, 2009

Message from Pastor Ealey, keeper of the "Paradise Garden"

Yesterday, members of the Garden Posse joined the Webberville Road Baptist Church for a potluck get-together. It was so wonderful to meet the congregants, share a good meal, and talk about gardening. But the real star of the potluck was the garden itself - the "Paradise Garden" is thriving! Even in this heat, it is looking glorious. The tomatoes, pepper, and basil are green and without a sign of wilt or pests. We planted two watermelon transplants, and now there is a watermelon patch with seven - count 'em, seven - watermelons on the vine!

We received this email from Pastor Ealey, for whom the watermelons have become his pride and joy.

Seven is the number of perfection,thank-you,thank-you,thank-you,thank-you,thank-you,thank-you,thank-you.
The paradise garden Potluck was fun and went well. I learned a lot about the plants and I plan to weed a little and keep some basic definition among the different vines.... I hope we can help you in some way. You envisioned a garden and it is happening. Our esteem level is soaring. Some of my old folks are inhibited and this helped them get out of the box. This will motivate more initiative efforts and enhance fellowship experiences.... I have met most of my goals the biggest challenge has been to develop things structurally around here. What you have done helps a lot. I heard a couple of people say. I have tried many gardens,and they did not turn out like this, "I think I will try another one at home."
Let me know If you get this email. We keep you in our prayers,and give glory to God.
Sincerly,Pastor Ealey

This is what we had hoped for when we planted the garden, and we are overjoyed to know that it is inspiring people to start their own gardens.

Photos will be on their way...... and don't forget, planning meeting tomorrow! Clementine's on Manor Rd, 7:30 pm.

No comments: